* It’s reversible, no more flipping plugs around.
* It’s based on USB 3.1, with speeds of up to 10Gbps, enough for 4K video, enough not to bottleneck current SSDs.
* It can deliver up to 100 watts of power (about 10 times as much), enough to even charge laptops. Finally.
* It’s designed to make an audible ‘click’ sound, for reassurance.
* It’s not a mysterious proprietary standard that locks you into one vendor, who then profits from your misery.
* The spec has been finalized, but you likely won’t see it in till next year, and not widespread till after that.
* You’ll have to upgrade your hardware.