– 50 times as much consumption than production of tweets
– 150M users, 400M tweets a day, 300K queries per second
– Largest generator of SMSs per active user of anyone in the world
– Push notification system accounts for 22MB/s
– The Redis cluster has a couple of terabytes of RAM, every active user is stored in RAM to keep latencies down (< 30 days)
– Tweet input statistics: 400m tweets per day; 5K/sec daily average; 7K/sec daily peak; >12K/sec during large events.
– Timeline delivery statistics: 30b deliveries / day (~21m / min); 3.5 seconds @ p50 (50th percentile) to deliver to 1m; 300k deliveries /sec; @ p99 it could take up to 5 minutes