* If a machine crashes once, it’s FAR more likely to crash again within 10 days with the same issue, repeatedly.
* Overclocked CPU’s are more unreliable than non-OC’ed ones. (1 in 21 crashes over 30 days of usage, vs 1 in 400).
* Underclocked CPU’s are more reliable than non-UC’ed ones. (1 in 460 vs 1 in 330).
* Overclocked RAM is more unreliable than non-OC’ed RAM. (1 in 560 vs 1 in 2800).
* Laptops are moderately more reliable than desktops.
* Laptop hard drives are more reliable than desktop hard drives.
* Brand name PC’s are more reliable than custom-built ones (marginally).
* Machines with more RAM have more RAM failures, but less disk failures.
* Majority of PC’s that crash are 18+ months old.